How to join
How to become member of the Global Partnership?
Be part of the growing momentum
The key membership criteria include:
- Commitment to sustainable tourism
- Ability to contribute to the objectives, priority themes, and/or policy recommendations of the Partnership;
- Demonstrated ability to implement projects in the priority themes;
- Willingness to provide financial and/or other support for projects and activities promoting sustainable tourism;
- Influence in a specific geographical region, especially the ability to offer successful projects for replication elsewhere or to replicate projects from other regions;
- Ability to reach underserved stakeholders;
- Work in sustainable tourism in any of the membership categories
- Membership is subject to approval by the Steering Committee. Members pay an annual membership fee. In some cases they may be allowed to off-set part of the fee by making a non-monetary contribution to the work of the Partnership.
Contributions to the Global Partnership by category
|Human development index||
|Local governments and cities|
|Very High||US$ 30,000||US$ 20,000|
|High -Medium||US$ 15,000||US$ 10,000|
|Low||US$ 5,000||US$ 5,000|
Based on 2010 the UNDP Human Development Index rankings: http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/
|>US$ 10M||US$ 5,000|
|US$1M - US$ 10M||US$ 2,000|
|< US$ 1M||US$ 500|
|>US$ 100M||US$ 15,000|
The Partnership includes honorary members that are not subject to financial contributions:
- United Nations agencies
- International funding institutions, such as development banks
- Regional organizations, for example, the European Union (EU) and the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Academic organizations (for example, universities and scholarly associations) and policy research institutes
In-kind and project contributions
Members have the possibility to contribute in-kind to the Program Of Work up to 50%* and to consider direct funding on specific activities of the Partnership.
Examples of in-kind contribution to the PoW of the Partnership:
- Hosting of the Annual Conference of the Partners;
- Hosting of specific meetings and organization of sustainable tourism capacity building workshops and/or events at country level;
- Support of the development of the information and knowledge platform under the guidance of the Coordinating Office;
- Support of the marketing activities of the Partnership
- Other options put forward by you for consideration.
The rest of the contribution might be completed through participation in Partnership projects.
*Please note that the rule of the 50% allowed contribution to the PoW do not apply to NGOs/NPOs belonging to the 500$ category, but they may propose a 100% in-kind contribution depending on the context. Please contact the Coordinating Office if you wish to further discuss this option.